Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a referral?
- Please call Esperanza Health Center at least two full business days before the referral is needed and select the option to leave a message for your clinician.
- Leave your name, date of birth, telephone number, insurance and detailed information about the type of referral you need.
- Include the name, telephone number and fax number of the specialist you wish to be referred to, and the reason for referral.
- If the referral is not for treatment previously recommended by your Esperanza clinician, you may need to see an Esperanza clinician first.
- Same-day or one-day referrals can only be processed in cases of emergency. Without sufficient notice you may need to reschedule your specialist appointment.
- You will be notified when the referral is ready, and if you need assistance we will help you to make your appointment.
- If your referral requires prior-authorization due to insurance regulations, this may take additional time.
How do I get test results?
- If you have a scheduled appointment, your test results will be addressed with you at that time. If you have a seriously abnormal result, someone on our staff will call you.
- If you don’t have an appointment regarding test results within a reasonable time period, please call to request your results.
How do I get medication refills?
- If you receive your medications from Esperanza’s Medication Dispensary, please visit this page for information about refills.
- For medication refills from an outside pharmacy, please call your pharmacy to request that an electronic refill request be sent to your clinician at least three days before your medicine runs out. Your clinician will respond directly to your pharmacy.
What if I have a medical form to be filled out?
- Forms take up to one week to be completed by a clinician, and in some cases require an appointment. Be sure to complete your own portion first before leaving the form with the front desk receptionist.
How do I transfer my Medical Records from another provider office?
- Transfers of personal health information may require a written authorization in accordance with HIPAA law.
- Please contact our Medical Records department (215-302-3600, x305) for detailed instructions about how to transfer your medical records to Esperanza from another health care provider.