WELCOME! WE’RE GLAD YOU’RE HERE.
At Esperanza Health Center, we seek to provide high-quality care and to provide access to many other resources for health and wellness. During this time, we are taking precautions to keep our patients, guests and staff members as safe as possible.
- All patients and visitors to Esperanza are asked to wear a face covering when coming to the health center; face coverings are provided at the entrance.
- Patients will be asked questions about their symptoms.
- Patients are asked to come alone to their appointment, if possible; patients requiring assistance (children, patients with special needs, or elderly patients) may bring one essential guardian with them to their appointment.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (JANUARY 11, 2022)
Like other healthcare providers, our Esperanza Health Center is doing everything possible to provide excellent service to our patients through this pandemic. The recent Omicron variant has created a surge in the need for testing and for medical care. Like many other businesses around the country, we are experiencing staffing shortages that impact our ability to operate the office normally. During this time, if you experience any of the following delays or inconveniences, please read on for more information:
LONGER THAN USUAL WAIT TIME ON PHONES
If you’re experiencing longer than usual wait time on the phone, it may help to:
- Use the PATIENT PORTAL for NON-URGENT REQUESTS.
- Use the “Callback” feature on phone line if there is an acute issue. Please be patient . . . The wait time could be up to 2 hours for call back during high call volume period. Your place in the callback queue remains secure, and you will be called back. We look forward to serving you.
DELAYS WHEN I COME TO MY APPOINTMENT
If you’re experiencing delays when you come for an appointment:
- We ask that you remain patient. We will do our best to keep you informed about anticipated delays/wait times.
FAMILY MEMBERS NOT PERMITTED TO ACCOMPANY ME
- At this time, patients are asked to come alone to their appointment, if possible; patients requiring assistance (children, patients with special needs, or elderly patients) may bring one essential guardian with them to their appointment. This is for the safety of other patients and the safety of our staff. We thank you in advance for cooperating.
LONGER THAN USUAL RESPONSE TIME ON NON-URGENT REQUESTS
If you’re experiencing a longer than usual response time on non-urgent requests:
- Thank you for your patience. With limited staff, we must prioritize medically urgent requests first. Your requests are important, and we will serve you as we are able.
- Please submit forms at least a week in advance and be sure that your portion has been completed.
- Please call pharmacies directly for your refills.
UNEXPECTED APPOINTMENT CHANGES
If you’re experiencing an unexpected appointment change:
- Thank you for your understanding and flexibility. Our clinicians are also subject to illness and quarantine. If your clinician is out sick, we will need to reschedule your appointment or move you to Telehealth.
LACK OF APPOINTMENT AVAILABILITY
If you’re experiencing a lack of appointment availability:
- Please consider a Telehealth appointment. The current surge in covid has resulted in our in-office appointments filling quickly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
INABILITY TO GET A COVID TEST
If you’re unable to get a COVID test:
- Testing supplies and staff to administer tests are both currently limited.
- We are currently testing only our own patients who are symptomatic or have had an exposure to someone with Covid.
- All tests require an appointment.
- To learn more about us and how to become a new patient, including information about our three locations, our providers, how to make an appointment as a new patient, insurance and payment, and more, please click on the links below.
- If you are currently an Esperanza patient, you can now enroll in our Patient Portal!
- After creating your secure account, the Patient Portal can be used to conveniently access your health information at any time. This includes your personal health history, lab results, vaccine records, and even the ability to send a referral request to your health provider.
Read Our Statement about Racial Justice Here
“Compelled by the love of God in Christ Jesus, in cooperation with the Church and others, Esperanza Health Center is a multi-cultural ministry providing holistic healthcare to the Latino and underserved communities of Philadelphia.”
We seek to fulfill our mission by providing affordable, high-quality, bilingual and multi-cultural primary health care services in Jesus’ name, regardless of ability to pay, to all those in our communities who seek care.
4417 N. 6th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140
(Free parking on-site in our patient garage)
Kensington (incl. Dental Clinic)
861 E. Allegheny Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19134
(Free parking on site in our patient garage at 860 E. Westmoreland St. Philadelphia, PA 19134)
2940 N 5th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19133
Parking on street and at PPA lot (5th & Indiana)