Volunteering at Esperanza
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Esperanza Health Center! Since Esperanza’s founding over thirty years ago, volunteers have been an integral part of the Esperanza Health Center team in a wide range of roles, helping Esperanza fulfill our mission to provide affordable, compassionate quality health care and services to our community.
We currently have opportunities to serve in the following volunteer positions (updated 6/28/2021):
1. Clean Up at Kensington Site
Volunteers are sought to help with clean up at our Kensington site (861 E. Allegheny Avenue). We need volunteers for an approximately two hours in the morning picking up trash and debris and completing other clean up tasks around our site and parking lot. Monday through Saturday slots are available.
- Willingness to complete this humble task to benefit Esperanza Health Center patients and community
- Ability to follow directions
- Attention to detail
2. Patient Relations Volunteer
Volunteers are sought for a project assess and improve staff members’ interactions with patients. Openings exist at all three sites for this project.
1. Attention to detail
2. Spanish is a plus but not required.
Schedule: Ideally, patient relations volunteers would be available every other week or more frequently. Presently there are opportunities multiple days of the week.
3. Reading Volunteer
Readers are needed to read to children in pediatric waiting rooms. Readers also engage children with paper bag puppets.
1. Interest in and willingness to interact with children and their caregivers
2. Understanding that children in the clinic can be noisy, messy or sick
3. Ability to read in English; Spanish is a plus but not required.
Schedule: Ideally, reading volunteers would be available every other week or more frequently. Presently there are opportunities to read to children multiple days of the week.
Apply to Volunteer
To apply to serve as a volunteer at Esperanza, please click here.
- If you are a medical or health professions student who is interested in a rotation, preceptorship or shadowing opportunity with us, please visit our Student/Resident Rotations page to learn more.
- Please visit our Medical Student Mentoring Program page to learn more about this mentorship opportunity with Esperanza.