(Jan We welcome medical students/residents and nurse practitioner students for rotation opportunities at Esperanza Health Center.* We have extensive experience in precepting students and residents at all levels of training. During their rotation, trainees work primarily at one of Esperanza’s locations by seeing patients with designated preceptors. The clinical day at Esperanza is from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, divided into two half-day patient care sessions.
- Increased competency in providing standard primary medical care in a continuity model, involving both acute and preventive services.
- Increased appreciation for the challenges/barriers to providing healthcare in an urban underserved community, including the impact of substance abuse, mental health disease, poverty and health care access barriers.
- Increased competency in medical Spanish, and in providing culturally-appropriate care to Esperanza’s community.
- Increased appreciation for a model of integrating spiritual care in the medical context.
|Rotation Start Dates||First Round of Offers Given||Second Round of Offers Given|
|Jan 2 – Apr 30, 2023||Mid July 2022||Late October 2022|
|May 1 – Jul 31, 2023||Mid November 2023||Late March 2023|
|Aug 1 – Dec 31, 2023||Mid February 2023||Late May 2023|
- To apply for Spring 2023 Rotations (Jan – Apr), Click Here
- To apply for Summer 2023 Rotations (May – Aug), Click Here
*Spanish proficiency strongly preferred
Please contact our Rotations Coordinator with any questions:
- Emilie Ziebarth, email@example.com, 215-302-3600, x311