How do I make an appointment at Esperanza?
New Dental Patients
- To schedule an appointment as a new dental patient at Esperanza, please call 215-302-3156 during Dental clinic hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 am—5:00 pm and Saturday, 9:00 am—12 noon).
- For more information about Dental care at Esperanza, please click here.
New Medical Patients
- All new medical patients must begin care with a scheduled New Patient Exam appointment.
- A limited number of New Patient Exam appointments become available on the first Wednesday of each month. Patients are encouraged to call for the first appointment rather than walking in.
- Please call us at 215-302-3600 at 9:00 am the first Wednesday of the month, and one of our phone operators will help you to schedule an appointment at one of our three locations:
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am—5:00 pm (Hunting Park, Kensington and Fifth Street)
UPDATE: Closed on Saturdays during July (Hunting Park and Kensington only)
- Once a New Patient Exam has been scheduled, you will be sent registration forms for completion.
- New patients will bring completed forms to their first appointment, and should plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time to review paperwork with receptionist.
- Many appointments can be scheduled for the same day or later that week.
- Please call us as soon as possible if you need to either cancel or reschedule your appointment, so that we can make your unused appointment available for someone else.
- Uninsured patients will need a financial review done prior to the first appointment.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Your insurance card
- Photo identification
- Your medications
- Diabetic log if you are diabetic
- Note – all patients MUST bring their insurance card and official photo identification to the first appointment.
- Please also bring information about your medical history, and a list of doctors or hospitals that you have visited and discharge summaries from recent hospital or specialist visits.
- Payment is expected at the time of service (cash and credit card preferred).
- We recommend that you write down questions that you want to ask.
- For children, please bring their immunization records to their first visit to the health center.
- Parents must accompany all minors (children under age 18) to appointments.
What do I do when I’m sick?
- Please call the receptionist as early in the day as possible to schedule an appointment. Tell them you are sick and would like an appointment.
- If no appointment is available that day, a nurse will call you back to discuss your illness and determine the best course of action.
- If you come in without calling ahead first, please know you may need to wait a while before you can be seen.
How do I reach someone after Esperanza is closed?
If you are having a true medical emergency, please first call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- For other urgent medical issues that occur after Esperanza is closed, please call 215-302-3600 (Medical) or 215-302-3156 (Dental) and follow the prompts to connect with the answering service.
- Please leave a message with the answering service, along with the telephone number where you may be reached. The on-call clinician will return your call as soon as possible to advise you on a treatment plan.
- Please call again if you have not heard from the clinician in 30 minutes.