Women’s and Prenatal Care
Esperanza offers a full range of Women’s and Prenatal Care services, including women’s well-care services, prenatal and post-partum care, and family planning services.
Prenatal and Postpartum Pregnancy Care
If you are pregnant, it’s very important for the health of your unborn child to get early and regular prenatal care. Esperanza’s Prenatal Care Team offers coordinated, bilingual prenatal care for expectant mothers in a safe, caring environment.
We provide a full range of integrated health services to women during and after pregnancy, including:
- Prenatal care for low-risk and high-risk pregnancies
- Education in nutrition, childbirth, breastfeeding, and newborn care
- Centering Pregnancy Groups
- Postpartum care
- Breastfeeding support
- Behavioral health consultation
- Care management
- Social services
- Assistance with health insurance
- Dental care
- Postpartum family planning
- Nutrition counseling by certified dietitian
Centering Pregnancy Groups
COVID-19 Update: Due to the continuing pandemic and rising cases of the Delta Variant, we will not be hosting any Centering Pregnancy Groups for the time being. Updates will be provided once it is safe to resume programming. We thank you for your understanding.
Esperanza Health Center is committed to supporting women who wish to breastfeed. We offer lactation counseling services, education and support through our bilingual certified lactation counselor. We can also assist you in ordering a breast pump through your insurance provider.
We understand the importance of high-quality, bilingual health services that are focused on the health needs of women of all ages. Integrated Women’s Health Services at Esperanza include the following, and are available at all three of our sites:
- Pap testing for healthy women
- Minor gynecologic procedures
- Management of female bleeding disorders
- Referral for mammography
- Pelvic pain management
- STD screening
- Pregnancy testing
- Coordination of GYN surgery at Temple Hospital with Esperanza OBGYN specialist
Family planning counseling is also provided at Esperanza, including birth control methods, natural family planning techniques, and sterilization options.