Substance Use Support
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
Substance use support at Esperanza combines group and individual therapy sessions with medication to support the recovery of patients struggling with addiction to heroin, fentanyl, percocet and other narcotics. Medical and behavioral health providers utilize a holistic approach to integrate medical, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of recovery. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.
Esperanza’s addiction treatment program is available at all of our sites:
- K&A – 861 E. Allegheny Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19134
- Hunting Park – 4417 N. 6th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140
- Fifth Street – 2940 N. 5th St, Philadelphia, PA 19133
For anyone interested in joining, they may come to either site for a pre-screen Monday through Friday, 9am- 3pm, to determine if they qualify for the program. An intake appointment will be given once qualification has been determined.
Qualifications to join include:
- Anyone 18 years or older
- Have chronic opioid use
- Willing to come to one of Esperanza’s locations
- Willing to change their Primary Care Provider (PCP) to Esperanza
- Committed to weekly therapy appointments – group and individual
- Committed to regular medical follow up appointments
- Willing to provide urine samples at each appointment
For more information, please contact Sarai Melendez or Guillermo Caro at (215) 302-3600, ext. 220.