Substance Use Support
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Substance use support at Esperanza combines group and individual therapy sessions with medication to support the recovery of patients struggling with addiction to heroin, fentanyl, percocet and other narcotics. Medical and behavioral health providers utilize a holistic approach to integrate medical, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of recovery. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.
Esperanza’s addiction treatment program is available at the following sites:
- K&A – 861 E. Allegheny Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19134
- 5th Street – 2940 N. 5th St, Philadelphia, PA 19133
For anyone interested in joining, they may come to either site for a pre-screen Monday through Friday, 9am- 3pm, to determine if they qualify for the program. An intake appointment will be given once qualification has been determined.
Qualifications to join include:
- Anyone 18 years or older
- Have chronic opioid use
- Willing to come to Esperanza’s 5th St or K&A location
- Willing to change their Primary Care Provider (PCP) to Esperanza
- Committed to weekly therapy appointments – group and individual
- Committed to regular medical follow up appointments
- Willing to provide urine samples at each appointment
For more information, please contact Sarai Melendez, Community Engagement Specialist: (215) 302-3600 ext.416