Rejoice and Give Thanks!
One of our patients recently shared the following: “I have faith in Esperanza, because you have faith that God has the power to heal!” We are rejoicing and giving thanks for the many ways we’ve seen God powerfully at work here at Esperanza throughout 2015! It is through your gifts and prayers that we have been able to serve our patients and others in our North Philadelphia community, resulting in healing and changed lives.
Here are some of the many ways in which God has blessed Esperanza in 2015:
- Nearly 14,000 patients have received compassionate, high-quality bilingual medical, dental and behavioral health care services, as well as many other integrated services, through over 62,000 visits at our three sites in 2015.
- We welcomed five new primary medical care providers: Dr. Bert Fink, Dr. Ramon Gadea, Dr. Pam Garcia, Antonette Montalvo, CRNP and Dr. Kirstin Sanborn.
- We partnered with One Hope Community Church and their pastor, Matt Lin to start our “Young at Heart” seniors group, who gather each week at our Hunting Park site.
- We planted and harvested our first urban garden with students from Hunting Park Christian Academy. And, we’re looking forward to growing a larger garden next year!
- Our Community Health Promoters, including the newest class of 16 Promoters who graduated in November, are making a real difference in reaching our community.
- Our Chaplains, Pastors Andres Fajardo and Miguel Diaz and our team of Volunteer Chaplains offer spiritual care and encouragement for many of our patients.
Your gift to Esperanza will have an impact for our patients and community – thank you! From all of us here at Esperanza…Merry Christmas and many blessings to you and your loved ones in the New Year!