Community Health Promoter Program
In support of the overall mission of Esperanza Health Center (EHC), the Community Health and Wellness Department seeks to invite Community Health Promoters, community members, and patients to grow in all aspects of life in North Philadelphia including physical mental, relational, and spiritual health with the ultimate hope of showing the love and redemption of Christ and transformative work of God in the community’s overall health and wellness.
The Community Health Promoter Program aims to improve the health of our community by:
- Educating through equipping individuals with practical/theoretical knowledge related to wholistic health and wellness prevention and management.
- Gathering/connecting community members to resources, organizations, and each other to grow in serving as spheres of influence in their communities.
- Fostering community leadership through mentorship and long-term relationships that will encourage and ultimately impact and improve the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health in North Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
New Spring 2018 class in English starting soon (March 19th – May 3rd, 2018)
- Class schedule: Mondays & Thursdays, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Held at Esperanza’s Hunting Park site (4417 N. 6th Street)
Topics: Wholistic health; diabetes; cancer prevention; trauma; recognizing medical emergencies; uncertified CPR; community resources; nutrition; dental health; domestic violence; prenatal care; parenting and much more.
- Apply online before 2/28/18 at promoter.esperanzahealth.com.
- Or, mail or hand-deliver paper application to: Attention: Community Health Promoter Program, 4417 N. 6th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140.
For more information, please call 215-807-8606, ext. 312.